Pond Maintenance is a very important aspect
of owning a pond. Good equipment, stocking ponds with right amount
of fish and plants, and taking care to not overfeed all contribute
to the well being of a pond.
Maintenance is necessary
on a continuous basis, though to ensure the healthiness
and longevity of fish and plants, and to give you the most pleasurable
experience with your pond.
We offer contracted service on
either weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly basis where we top off the
pond, clean necessary filter equipment, prune and fertilize plants,
top off the pond, pull up stringy algae, sticks, leaves, and check
the water quality.
- Fertilize all plants regularly.
- Remove brown plant leaves as they occur.
- Scoop out any excess debris.
- Feed the fish if you want to, but not more than two to three
time a week.
- Top off the pond with fresh water when it needs it.
- Put netting over the pond when the leaves start to fall down.
- Test the water quality from time to time (monthly should be
okay). Check pH, ammonia, nitrite and hardness.
For more advice on how to further maintain
your pond, see:
is a full service water garden and pond company. We
provide the regular maint-ainance service in the Washington,
DC, Maryland and Virginia areas. Please contact
us if you would like more information.
Helpful Items for maintaining a pond can be
purchased at our online store, PondMart™: